Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

How do I request a Proclamation?

An organization or community group wishing to make a presentation to Council must make the request in writing to the Mayor's Office at proclamations@cityssm.on.ca with details at least one week prior to the Council meeting. A representative from your organization must be present at the scheduled council meeting in order to obtain a reading of the proclamation.

How do I bring an issue to a council meeting?

Please contact the Clerk's Department, 705-759-5388 for information as to how to be placed on a Council Agenda.

Where can I obtain a Marriage Licence?

Marriage licences are issued by the City Clerk's office, Level 4, Civic Centre, 99 Foster Drive, Sault Ste. Marie, ON, cityclerk@cityssm.on.ca, telephone 705-759-5388.

What is the fee for a Marriage Licence?

The licence fee is $130.00 cash, debit or certified cheque. Credit cards are not accepted.

How do I obtain a Birth, Marriage or Death Certificate?

Copies of these certificates are available from the Office of the Registrar General.
Information concerning these forms and other Ontario Government services (including an on-line birth certificate application process) is available at the ServiceOntario website. You can also contact the Registrar General by calling 1-800-461-2156.

Contact Us





Civic Centre - Level 4

Our Team