Jump to Main Content
 

The City of Sault Ste. Marie

 
 
 

Unattended Cooking Leads to Home Fire

June 18, 2018

On June 16, 2018, Sault Ste. Marie fire crews responded to a call in the 0 to 100 block of Wellington Street West. The fire started shortly after 11p.m. in the kitchen area of the residence.

After further investigation, the cause of the fire was determined to be a result of unattended cooking. "Unattended cooking is the leading cause of home fire in Sault Ste. Marie," said Deputy Chief Paul Milosevich, "We would like to remind all citizens to remain in the kitchen while cooking and to limit the use of cooking with oil whenever possible."

There is extensive fire damage to the home. All occupants escaped the residence safely. There were no injuries to report.
Share this page:

Contact Us

Phone
705-759-2500

Email
info@cityssm.on.ca

Fax
705-759-2310

TTY
1-877-688-5528

Location
99 Foster Drive
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
P6A 5X6