Jump to Main Content
 

The City of Sault Ste. Marie

 
 
 

Residential Stove Top Fire

January 07, 2019

Over the weekend, Sault Ste. Marie Fire Service crews responded to a report of a stove fire in the 0-100 block of Pawating Place.

On Saturday, January 5th, fire crews responded to a residential stovetop fire shortly after 6 p.m.. The fire originated from a pot of cooking oil on the stove. Crews contained the fire with a dry chemical extinguisher.

Sault Fire Services would like to remind all citizens that cooking with oil can be extremely dangerous. To avoid a potential disaster, limit the use of cooking with oil especially at high temperatures. Never leave cooking unattended and have a lid nearby to smother small grease fires.

There were no injuries to report. Damage to the kitchen area was reported.
Share this page:

Contact Us

Phone
705-759-2500

Email
info@cityssm.on.ca

Fax
705-759-2310

TTY
1-877-688-5528

Location
99 Foster Drive
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
P6A 5X6